Pinecone Level 3
2-3 hours each session
The Youth USPSA Camp is back and ready to give kids the opportunity to learn how fun the sport of competitive shooting can be! This camp is designed to teach intermediate youth handgun shooters the sport of United States Practical Shooting Association (USPSA) matches and how matches are run. Over the course of the camp, students will learn a proper holster draw, magazine changes, how to move with a handgun, shooting under a timer, how to learn and work through a course of fire, scoring, and more! The camp also gives students the opportunity to socialize with their peers while working with an instructor to improve their skills.
- Semi-automatic handgun (Full-sized double stack preferred)
- 1-2 extra magazines
- 1-2 magazine carriers
- OWB holster (NO Serpa holsters)
- 50 rounds of ammunition (per session, 200 total)
- Sturdy belt
- Hearing and eye protection
- Range appropriate clothing (crew neck shirt and closed toe shoes)
- If you don’t already have the recommended equipment or have any questions about gear and equipment, please contact the instructors well in advance of the camp to ensure you have enough time to purchase gear.
- Must be between the ages of 10 and 17
- Youth Pistol 1 & Youth Pistol 2 OR discuss with instructor prior to class
- Youth Bowling Pins Camp (not required but highly recommended)
- If the student doesn’t have handgun experience, please see our Youth Pistol classes or email the instructor at email@example.com.
- This is NOT a beginner camp! Students must have prior training before registering for this camp as basic handgun fundamentals/manipulation will NOT be covered in this camp. It should already be assumed that the student knows and understands basic fundamental concepts.
A minimum of 5 students is required to run the camp or it may be canceled/rescheduled.