Frequently Asked Questions
We are located at 12105 West Cedar Drive, Lakewood, Colorado, just north and one block west of the Union and Alameda intersection.
Yes, we are open to the public with 14 shooting lanes; 6 standard and 8 tactical.
You do not have to be a member to shoot on the range; however, there are many benefits to membership. Members can reserve lanes in advance and enjoy a number of other exclusive amenities, including the use of our member’s lounge, special discounts, and members-only events.
Anyone under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a legal guardian at all times on the shooting range, when handling firearms in our retail section, or when using the virtual training simulator.
Other Age Restrictions:
- Under 10 years old – not allowed on the range or in the Virtual Training Simulator.
- 10 to 17 years old – must be supervised by a parent or legal guardian, cannot rent firearms.
- 18 to 20 years old – may shoot, rent or purchase rifles and shotguns or shoot personally owned handguns without parent or legal guardian supervision. Cannot rent handguns.
- Must be 21 years old to shoot full auto firearms (rentals or personally owned), rent handguns and purchase centerfire handgun ammunition.
- Children under the age of 10 are not permitted to shoot on the range, but when accompanied by a legal guardian are more than welcome to explore firearms in our retail area and use the virtual training simulator.
We accept returns for most items that we sell, as long as the item is unused, in its original packaging and the packaging is in new and saleable condition (not torn or damaged). Please see below for details on specific returns, as well as a list of items that cannot be returned.
We encourage all customers to do their due diligence prior to purchasing a firearm; including renting the firearm and shooting it on our range. However, we understand that this is not always possible. If you are not satisfied with your firearm, you may return it within 30 days of purchase, subject to a 10% restocking charge. The balance will be returned on a Bristlecone gift card, or may be applied to another purchase at the time of your return.
If you are not satisfied with your purchase, you may return the item within 30 days of original purchase for exchange or refund; provided, however, that the item is unused, in the original packaging, and the packaging is in new and saleable condition (not torn or damaged).
ALL SALES OF CLEARANCE ITEMS ARE FINAL. Returns will not be accepted for any reason.
The following items cannot be returned for any reason:
- NFA items
- Special orders
- Clearance items
- Products sold “as is” or used, or that have been installed and/or used after receipt
Bristlecone reserves the right to limit or decline any return or exchange.
Classes & Private Instruction
Before canceling, please review our cancelation policy below:
- Class cancellations received more than 72 hours prior to a class start time are eligible for a refund or free transfer to another class within a 3-month period. Refunds can be made in-store or over the phone.
- Cancellations received within 24-72 hours of a class start time are not eligible for a refund, however, they are eligible for a one-time class transfer with a $25 rescheduling fee.
- Cancellations, including weather-related, received less than 24 hours prior to a class start time or a “no call, no show” for any reason are not eligible for a refund or class transfer.
- Instructor and range time are reserved based on anticipated class registration. A minimum of three (3) students are required to run a class. Late cancellations may affect our ability to run a class and result in other students being rescheduled.
- Bristlecone reserves the right to cancel or reschedule classes at any time. If classes are canceled or rescheduled due to weather or unforeseen circumstances beyond our control, students are entitled to a full refund. Students will be notified of class cancellations or rescheduling by email using the email address provided during registration. Bristlecone is not responsible for any travel fees or expenses incurred related to class cancellations.
There are two main concerns when it comes to lead projectiles fired in an indoor environment; air quality (inside and outside of the facility) and the safe and effective removal of lead waste from inside the range.
Our air filtration system and the customized HVAC eliminate lead contaminants from the air. Even though there are currently no federal requirements for the filtration of air exhausted from an indoor shooting range, our system is designed to do just that. In fact, because of our advanced filtration system, the air expelled out into the environment is actually cleaner of contaminates than the ambient outside air surrounding the facility.
Bristlecone Shooting, Training & Retail Center does not generate any solid lead waste from shooting range operations. Rather, all lead bullets (projectiles shot into bullet trap) are mined approximately every nine months and treated as recycled waste. Likewise, the HEPA filters are changed approximately every nine months (or sooner, if needed) and recycled as well. All recycled materials are be handled by licensed professionals.
Since safety is our main concern, we have incorporated numerous safety features and practices in to our facility design.
- We have a Range Safety Officer on the range at all times when there are shooters present to monitor and maintain safety.
- A rubber trap bullet containment system dramatically reduces projectile impact noise and contaminate dispersion, as well as thoroughly mitigates fire danger.
- Specialized ballistic baffles installed along the ceiling and walls within the range assist in noise mitigation and prevent misdirected shots from exiting the range area.
- Ballistic shooting stalls ensure the safety and comfort of our patrons.
- Specialized gun vault
- State-of-the-art video and cell monitored security system
- A virtual training simulator in a non-live-fire environment
You do not need your own gun to shoot on our range. We have an extensive selection of firearms to rent; everything from small concealed carry weapons and handguns to shotguns and semi-automatic rifles. We also offer the opportunity to shoot fully automatic firearms (Class III) through our gun rental program. If you do choose to take advantage of our firearm rental program, you will need to purchase ammunition for the rental firearm on-site.
I AM NOT FROM COLORADO OR I DON’T HAVE A COLORADO LICENSE. CAN I STILL SHOOT AT BRISTLECONE SHOOTING, TRAINING & RETAIL CENTER?
Yes. All you need is a valid, government-issued photo ID (passport, ID card, driver’s license, etc.) in order to use our gun range, one of the best in the Denver area.
If you’ve never shot a firearm before, we highly suggest either taking an Intro to Pistol class or coming to shoot when we have one of our Walk-In Instructors available to assist you! We want to ensure safety and comfortability is kept with all customers, and learning from our instructors is the best way to do so!
Yes. You may use your own firearm. All firearms and ammunition entering our facility are subject to inspection by our staff prior to entering the range. All handgun calibers are allowed, however rifles are limited to 7.62mm (.300Win/30-06/.308) and smaller.
Yes; however we do not allow steel core ammo, incendiary, or “tracer” rounds on the range. All ammo entering our facility is subject to inspection by our staff prior to entering the range. If you are using one of our rental firearms, you must use our range ammo offered at the range counter.
Yes. We allow you to shoot all rifles up to 7.62mm (.300Win/30-06/.308) and shotguns with slugs only.
All 14 of our gun range lanes are 25 yards long