Pinecone Level 2
The Long Distance Shooting Fundamentals class is designed to take students’ experience with rifles and push it even further! Join Wesley Wang, our long distance shooting expert, at our partner range, Pawnee Sportsman Center, as he introduces the concepts of precision shooting. During the class, students will focus on setting up their rifle, zeroing at distance, configuring the scope for distant engagements, various ballistic principles, and more! Skills learned in the classroom will be reinforced on the long range pad during the live fire portion of the class. Students will confirm their zero at 100 yards, then engage steel targets 400-1000 yards out depending on student equipment. Once all is said and done, students will be ready to apply their knowledge towards a new shooting passion!
- 60-80 rounds of ammunition
- Shooting mat
- Notebook and pen to take notes
- Food and water for the day
- Hearing and eye protection
- Range appropriate clothing (crew neck shirt and closed toe shoes)
- If you don’t already have a rifle, we offer a rental! Ammunition must be purchased from the facility if you require a rental. Notify the instructor in advance if you intend to purchase a rental.
A minimum of 2 students is required to run the class or it may be canceled/rescheduled.