https://bristleconeshooting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/smallLogo.png 0 0 Jacquelyn Clark https://bristleconeshooting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/smallLogo.png Jacquelyn Clark2016-08-16 21:42:522016-08-16 21:42:52Range Etiquette and Expectations at Bristlecone
Range Etiquette and Expectations at Bristlecone
If you are new to shooting or just want a refresher on indoor shooting range etiquette, Bristlecone Shooting, Training, and Retail Center suggests you review our safety expectations before you get started. As a premiere indoor shooting range in Denver we emphasize safety and fun. The following are our range rules.
- Act responsibly and with respect at all times.
- Please notify a Range Safety Officer immediately if you observe any unsafe behavior or conditions.
- Children under the age of 10 are not permitted to shoot on the range or use the simulator.
- Individuals under the age of 21 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian who will sign a waiver and remain by their side at all times.
- Firearms may only be uncased or removed from the holster at the firing line. Load and unload all weapons at the bench in the shooting booth. No uncased firearms are permitted behind the shooting booth area.
- It is your responsibility to know and understand how to operate your firearm safely. You must ensure that your firearm is in good working order before entering the range.
- All first-time Members, Guests and other Bristlecone Shooting facility users must demonstrate proper knowledge of firearm operation and safety, or they must participate in the Bristlecone Shooting Firearms Orientation.
- Eye and Ear protection is mandatory for anyone entering the range.
- Always keep the firearm action open, magazines removed and only load when ready to commence firing.
- Always keep your finger off the trigger and outside the trigger guard until you are ready to fire.
- Fire only when safe conditions exist: All shooters must stand in their respective shooting booth and non-shooters must stand behind the booth area.
- Always keep firearms pointed down range in a safe direction.
- The following types of ammunition are not allowed to be shot at Bristlecone: tracer ammo, incendiary ammo, steel-cored or penetrating type ammo.
- Pistols only in the 6-lane Standard Bay. Rifles and shotguns (slugs only) may be fired in the 8-lane Tactical Bay.
- Rifle rounds up to .30 caliber (.308/30-06/.300Win) or 7.62mm are allowed in the 8-lane Tactical Bay.
- Use only the correct ammunition for your firearm as recommended by the manufacturer.
- All shooting must be conducted in a safe, controlled and accurate manner.
- All firearms (other than concealed carry, appropriately holstered by a CCW permit holder) must be transported in a case or bag to and from the range.
- Guests and/or Members who would like to practice drawing from the holster must be “holster qualified” through a Bristlecone Range Safety Officer or Instructor. Bristlecone staff may restrict drawing from the holster at their discretion, even if a Guest or Member is “holster qualified”.
- Upon the command “CEASE FIRE”, stop all shooting immediately, put down your firearm and back away from the firing line. Guests and/or Members may not re-approach the firing line or pick up any firearm until a Bristlecone Range Safety Officer gives the “all clear” signal.
- Never consume alcohol or take drugs before or while shooting.
- No food, drink, gum or any tobacco product is permitted inside the range. Always remember to wash your hands after you leave the range and prior to eating.
- After weapons are unloaded and cased, you may collect your brass from behind the firing line.
- Never cross the firing line for any reason. Do not attempt to retrieve anything (including targets) that falls in front of the firing line. If you need assistance, please signal a Bristlecone Range Safety Officer.
- Inappropriate behavior of any kind will not be tolerated. At their sole discretion, Bristlecone Range Safety Officers will remove any individual from the range who is deemed to be acting in an inappropriate or unsafe manner.
- No outside paid instructors are permitted to instruct at the Bristlecone facility. All paid instruction will be provided by Bristlecone personnel.
- Any violation of the code of conduct may result in immediate removal from the range and possible forfeiture of Membership.
Bristlecone, located in Lakewood, Colo., also offers members and guests a wide variety of firearms training classes each month, including introduction classes, women’s only, concealed carry permit training, defensive shooting fundamentals, hunters’ education and more. To learn more about Bristlecone or our membership services, range, or retail store visit www.bristleconeshooting.com or call 303-985-0989.