Bristlecone Shooting, Training, and Retail Center caters to shooters of all experiences levels and interests. We serve as the host facility for the West Denver Chapter of A Girl and A Gun, as well as the Southwest Metro Chapter of The Well Armed Woman– both are women’s shooting league established by women and for female shooters.
Here are five tips for female shooters to make your range time at Bristlecone even more empowering and enjoyable.
- Learn gun safety and range etiquette, especially if you are new to the sport of recreational shooting in Denver. If you have questions or need guidance with getting started, we’ve here to help you and answer your questions.
- Test and pick out firearms to find what feels good for you to handle and shoot, especially if you are new to recreational shooting. If you need help picking out the right gun or equipment, our experts and gunsmiths at Bristlecone can help you.
- Bring a friend to the Bristlecone range and have fun! You may even want to join a shooting club or league such as A Girl and A Gun and/or The Well Armed Woman, which take place monthly at Bristlecone. These meetings are great ways to connect with other women and enjoy the sport of recreational shooting together! Check our calendar for details.
- Suit up with clothing and other gear specifically designed for women, and consider taking advantage of Bristlecone’s membership discounts, plus our weekly Ladies’ Days at Bristlecone, which take place every Tuesday, from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. — and they’re free!
- Take a shooting lesson or two, or come out to Bristlecone often and practice on your own! The point of recreational shooting is to have fun, enjoy yourself, and even challenge yourself if you like! You may choose to compete against yourself, or against others. Whatever you decide, Bristlecone is here for you. We want to offer you a great recreational shooting experience each time you visit us!