https://bristleconeshooting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/smallLogo.png 0 0 Jacquelyn Clark https://bristleconeshooting.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/smallLogo.png Jacquelyn Clark2016-12-19 16:22:282020-01-22 20:40:335 Tips for Choosing a Gun Holster that Works for You
5 Tips for Choosing a Gun Holster that Works for You
If you are fortunate enough to have picked out a gun that you like, you’ll probably want to invest in the best holster for it, too. Bristlecone Shooting, Training and Retail Center, in Lakewood, Colorado, can guide you throughout the process of selecting a gun holster. The following are five tips for choosing a holster that’s right for you.
- Consider where you will be wearing the holster and your purpose. Will it need to be concealed or not? Holsters come in a variety of styles. Some are meant to be concealed and some are not. Some holsters can be worn on the hip, on the outside of the waistband. Some are meant to be worn within the waistband. Some holsters are worn through a shoulder harness. Other holsters are designed specifically for women to use and wear. It helps to look at all of those factors as you decide what’s right for you.
- Look at the holster’s materials. Is it made of leather, fabric, plastic or other material? This will make a difference in terms or pricing and comfort when you wear the holster with your gun in it.
- Try on several holsters and make sure the holster that you pick out feels secure with your gun in it, yet make sure that your handgun is accessible to you when you want to reach for it. Practice using holster with your gun in it. You’ll want to make sure that the holster keeps your gun secure without the worry of losing or dropping your weapon.
- Consider the clothing that you will be wearing when you use your holster and gun, and if they work well together. Practice using your holster and gun with the appropriate clothing.
- Keep your budget and price point in mind as you make your holster selection. Our retail experts at Bristlecone can educate you and help you.
In addition to holsters, Bristlecone sells new and used firearms, knives, ammunition, apparel, accessories, and clearing supplies. To learn more about Bristlecone visit https://bristleconeshooting.com/or call 303-985-0989.