Pinecone Level 2
The Clay Shooting Fundamentals class builds on the concepts learned in Intro to Shotgun and is then applied to shooting moving clay targets at our partner range Colorado Clays! Join us to find out why so many people enjoy this sport! The class focuses on techniques used by hunters and professional trap shooters and includes the clay targets in the price of the course.
- Shotgun (any action acceptable, no tactical or short-barreled shotguns)
- 50 rounds of #8 or #7.5 birdshot
- Barrel rest (highly recommended, NO “toe pads” allowed)
- Shell carrier (recommended – side saddle, jacket pockets are acceptable)
- Sunscreen and hat
- Hearing and eye protection
- Range appropriate clothing (crew neck shirt and closed toe shoes)
- If you don’t already have the recommended equipment, we offer rentals on site! Notify the instructor in advance if you intend to rent any equipment.
- Intro to Shotgun (required) OR must speak with instructor (please email us at email@example.com at least 48 hours prior to the event)
A minimum of 3 students is required to run the class or it may be canceled/rescheduled.
Taught at our partner range: Colorado Clays – 13600 Lanewood St, Brighton, CO 80603