Pinecone Level 3
The Home Defense Pistol course is designed to educate students on what types of handguns are best for personal defense, how to carry them safely and securely, and how to utilize them appropriately during a home defense situation. New and experienced shooters will benefit from the information provided on home defense scenarios. Based on scientific research, logic, and reasoning, this course will introduce various home defense handgun options, home defense tactics, safe storage/staging, interacting with law enforcement, and the aftermath of an incident. Skills learned in the classroom will be reinforced during the live fire range portion of the class.
- Handgun (modern striker-fired preferred)
- 2 magazines
- 100 rounds of ammunition
- Hearing and eye protection
- Range appropriate clothing (crew neck shirt and closed toe shoes).
- If you don’t already have the recommended equipment, we offer rentals at the facility for a discounted price! Ammunition must be purchased from the facility if you require a handgun rental.
- Intro to Home Defense (recommended)
- Intro to Pistol (required) OR discuss with instructor prior to class.
A minimum of 3 students is required to run the class or it may be canceled/rescheduled.