There’s nothing like curling up with your family on the couch with a bowl of popcorn and a good movie to watch together. Whether you’re in the mood to channel your inner Clint Eastwood or want to enjoy a thriller, here are a few of our action-packed favorites from Bristlecone Shooting, Training & Retail Center.
- The Magnificent Seven – This 1960 Western tells the tale of oppressed Mexican villagers who hire seven gunfighters to defend them. The star-studded cast includes Yul Brynner, Steve McQueen, Charles Bronson, and James Coburn.
- The Outlaw Josey Wales – This film, made in 1976, tells the story of a Missouri farmer who joins a Confederate guerrilla unit and winds up on the run from the Union soldiers who murdered his family. Clint Eastwood starred and directed in this Western classic.
- Skyfall – Daniel Craig is James Bond at his best in this modern thriller (filmed in 2012) where 007’s loyalty to M is tested and he’s forced to destroy the threat.
- Terminator 2 – This sequel, made in 1991, is as good or better than the original. Arnold Schwarzenegger returns as a cyborg who’s now sent back to protect 10-year-old John Connor.
- Unforgiven – Starring Clint Eastwood and Gene Hackman, Morgan Freeman, and Richard Harris, this 1992 gunslinger classic tells the story of an aging outlaw and killer who takes on one more job years after he had turned to farming.
- Saving Private Ryan – Made in 1998, the plot of this film centers around a group of U.S. soldiers who go behind enemy lines to save a paratrooper whose brothers were killed in action. It stars Tom Hanks, Matt Damon, Tom Sizemore, and Edward Burns.
- The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly – Sergio Leone directed this 1966 Western classic about two men who join in an uneasy alliance against a third in a race to find a buried fortune.